Bairnstrust Committee Meeting
16th March 2004
Elliots, Graeme Road, Falkirk
Stephen Bird called the meeting to order and welcomed everyone.
1. Apologies for Absence
Apologies were received from Steven Adam and Tom Jamieson.
2. Minutes of Last Meeting
Last months minutes were formally accepted as an accurate record.
Proposed Stewart Wilson, Seconded Brian Guthrie.
3. Matters Arising
The meeting was advised of Crawford Baptie’s memo in response
to concerns regarding the 200 club draw. It was confirmed the
next draw would be on the park on the 27th March.
4. Financial Report
The accounts have now been audited and require the signatures
of the Chair, Treasurer and Secretary. The audit cost £50
and there is currently a balance of £1277 in the BairnsTrust
Bank Account. Four Share Save members who elected to do so have
now received Share certificates in their own name.
The meeting was advised of a problem that had arisen due to a
misunderstanding. Monies received from an individual as a donation
had in fact been intended to purchase shares in his own name.
The situation has now been resolved and the administration procedures
have been changed since the mistake was made and this cannot happen
5. Board Nominations
The nominations received for election to the Trust Board were
read out and no objections raised. These will now be recommended
at the A.G.M.
Similarly, the nomination received for election as Supporters
Representative will also be put before the A.G.M.
6. Annual General Meeting
Alistair Ferrie advised that the Polish Club could accommodate
the AGM on the proposed date but access would strictly be from
7.30-10.30pm. This was felt to be too restrictive and therefore
the second choice of The Park Hotel would be used.
Willie Morrison suggested we check with the Warriors Social Club
first in case they could accommodate. Brian will check with the
Warriors Social Club and confirm the venue by mid-day tomorrow.
7. Events/Press and Public Affairs
* The Video is still work in progress but almost complete with
additional footage as promised. It will probably be around 2 hours
30 minutes in length. Stephen Bird will produce video fliers.
* It is aimed to have t-shirts available for the AGM. Brian will
circulate images for consideration over the next few days.
* A preliminary meeting has been arranged with Beancross Farm
to check their availability and suitability for future functions
* Michael has been asked to obtain clarification as to whether
or not we will be allowed to sell our shirts and video through
the club shop.
* Confirmation was received that there are virtually no copies
of the Club video unsold.
8. Fans Charter-1st Draft
A first draft has been produced but as it has not yet been circulated
to the Committee discussion on this was delayed until the meeting
following the AGM.
9. Supporters Issues
* Very strong concerns were voiced over the clubs decision to
issue the recent £25 letter to fans regarding season tickets.
It is felt this was extremely ill thought out and this was done
without any consultation. It is also felt that there is a great
deal of conflicting information coming out of the club with regards
to how it is being administered. Amongst views aired were that
it gave no consideration to loyalty, it was playing on the fans
loyalty for the £25 and creating bitterness and relied on
a postal lottery. It is felt that supporters are being treated
disgracefully in this matter. Michael conceded that it had perhaps
not been fully thought through and suggested it be put to the
Board at the meeting on Wednesday 17th March that a sub committee
of three BairnsTrust members work with them to try and resolve
this issue with the least damage to the club-supporter relationship.
The meeting expressed great disappointment that this action had
been taken by the club and concern that the club did not seek
* Many other supporters issues relating next years season tickets
also are unresolved including priority in picking seating, season
tickets for non allocated seating areas and season ticket offers
and these can also be addressed with co-operation should the club
* Incidents of electronic mail not being opened at the club were
brought to Michael’s attention. The whole electronic system
is however under review at the club at the moment as it appears
to be a server issue but it is accepted mail should be checked
* Michael was asked to look into arrangements for hospitality
and report back to the next meeting.
10. Westfield Update and FFC Board Report
* Construction work has faced short delays at Westfield over the
past month with the delay in connecting to the main sewer and
the discovery of asbestos on site but this is now resolved.
* Regular meetings have been held with the Police and Council
and there are no traffic issues. There will be a roundabout created
and 30mph limit will be introduced on Grangemouth Road.
* One floodlight has been erected and the other will follow when
winds subside sufficiently. An expert from Italy will focus these
* Under soil heating is currently going in, the pitch will be
seeded in April ready for play late July. Pre-season friendlies
are unlikely to be played at the stadium.
* It is expected that the club will have limited occupancy within
the next 3-4 weeks. There is a possibility that the area set up
as a warm up area may not be used for that purpose.
* It was confirmed that the reported restricted view seating is
due to the barrier along the walkway
* Kirstie asked again for her concerns regarding the size of the
current area set aside for the Supporters Bar to be minuted.
* The club are trying to set up a virtual tour on the web prior
to actual tours being available.
* The second stand built may well be the Grangemouth Road stand
and that it is hoped it would be completed around October. This
may mean a temporary stand at the Laurieston end at the start
of the season.
* The next Falkirk FC Board meeting is 17th March and will concentrate
on budgets and projections for next season
* There are 11 players in contract at the end of the season.
* The OFT have contacted the SPL and we believe a response has
been received. The club is awaiting further developments.
* In response to a question from the floor it was confirmed that
we were still receiving transfer payments from Aberdeen for Jamie
* The Club’s AGM is confirmed as the 19th April
* Andy Nichol has been appointed to run the JVC. He has considerable
experience in this area in England.
11. Any Other Business
* Concern was raised over the lack of communications between Back
the Bairns and BairnsTrust.
* Bill Anderson advised that monies raised by Back the Bairns
were not going to be channelled into buying shares and that the
Marquee Dance that is to be held at Little Kerse is to raise money
to fit out a Hall of Fame.
* Michael suggested he ask again that information be given to
BairnsTrust to prevent conflict of dates etc.
* Stewart suggested that BairnsTrust logo be added to the advertising
Board used to back any television interviews.
12. Date and Time of Next Meeting
The next meeting will be the AGM on 5th April. In view of Easter
holidays and the Club AGM the next monthly meeting will be put
back to 26th April at 7.30pm in Elliots.
: : Download
these minutes in Word Format : :