Minutes of the Bairns Trust Meeting
18th May 2009 at Falkirk Stadium
1. Chairman welcomed everyone to the final meeting of the season
2. Apologies received from Stewart and Lorna Wilson, Robert Stirling, and Jack Gardiner.
3. Minutes of previous meeting. The acting Secretary had not provided any minutes from previous meeting.
4. Secretaries Report. The acting Secretary did not provide any report. Correspondence received was discussed and cleared.
5. Treasurer's Report. The acting Treasurer did not provide any report for this meeting and indicated he no longer wished to continue as acting Treasurer.
6. Social Conveners Report. A bus conveners meeting will take place to discuss some options of including supporter's buses in the running of the Trust. Following the Trusts intervention the Board had agreed to pay for buses to the Inverness game. A survey re the Trust and the club is being put together. The reason for this was to give supporters more of an input to what the Trust should be looking to do and what supporters are looking for within the club. The new club lottery is now up and running and Agent are required to help with sales. Anyone interested to contact Brian.
7. Board Report. Murray provided the following report. Falkirk Football Club representatives have met with all Premier league clubs to discuss their work within the Community. The Club has recently visited Northern Ireland and have invited them over for more talks. Manager's report. The manager reported that things were going well. We are in the Scottish Cup final have qualified for Europe and he is certain we will remain in the Premier League. Darren Barr and Scott Arfield have been called up for the Scotland B International. The Trust letter, re the manager's position was discussed and both sides have agreed that the matter has now been resolved. On sales issues, the South Stand Season tickets are going well. Hospitality for cup final is selling well. Operations Report. The club have obtained the UEFA licence so there are no problems with Europa League matches being played at Westfield.
8. Any Other Business, Murray McIntyre stated that he was due to stand down as Fans Representative and thanked everyone for their support during his period on the Board and wished Brian Guthrie and Torn Paterson success in their new positions. Membership for next season was discussed and proposals are to be set up and discussed at next meeting. Season ticket prices were discussed. It was noted that there would be no increase in price for those who purchased early. The Supporters Direct Conference was due next month. Those interested to pass names to Steven. A proposal to have Bus membership was discussed. More details required and brought to July Committee meeting. The issue of the Trust letter to the Board was discussed. This has been discussed at Board level and a satisfactory outcome has been received. There will be no further action re this matter.
Date of Next Meeting Monday 13th July 2009 at 7.30 pm.
Everyone is welcome and can participate in discussion, but only members are allowed to vote on any issue.
© Copyright 2009 BairnsTrust. All rights reserved